Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Hitting the Wall


So we’re on to day four of my challenge to myself. How many days can I keep up with my goal? I have to admit that today was extremely hard for me. I got home from work, I’m exhausted and I have so many things to do around the house before I can get those few minutes to myself to start my workout. By the time I get to that point my whole body hurts and I just want to sit on the couch and watch television. However I pushed myself to complete my workout. Today’s training plan called for a three mile run. I managed to run 2.5 and walked the rest to complete the three. I am okay with this because the biggest part was pushing myself to get the hell up and do it even though I tried to convince myself not too. I am pretty sure this is what is referred to “hitting the wall”. I could have probably quite easily run the entire three miles but I let my brain get the best of me as it kept telling me that I was tired and I could stop. But I made a commitment to myself and I really need to keep it. I’ve gotten to the point where I can barely look at myself in the mirror anymore. So game on self! I am not going to quit this time. Tomorrow I need to lace up the running sneakers and do some speed work.

No comments:

Post a Comment